Food for Thought Blog
Halloween Banana Popsicles
This recipe is a budget-friendly and healthy meal idea using some of the ingredients packed in our emergency food hampers that are distributed weekly by the Community Food Assistance Network.
Serves: 6 | Preparation: 15 minutes | Total: 2 hours | Difficulty: Easy
- 2 large bananas
- 1 cup Greek vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Mini chocolate chips
- 6 popsicle sticks
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice 2 bananas into 3 equal pieces each and add popsicle sticks. Place on the baking sheet and freeze for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Mix yogurt and powdered sugar in a small bowl. Dip the frozen bananas in the yogurt mixture and return them to the baking sheet.
- Freeze the baking sheet for at least 1 hour to set the yogurt coating.
- Heat peanut butter in the microwave for 30-45 seconds until smooth. Drizzle it over the banana mummies to create the look of bandages.
- Use mini chocolate chips to make eyes.
- Freeze for an additional 30 minutes until the peanut butter firms up.
Adapted from: wellplated.com