Kitchener Rangers Classroom ChallengeSkip to Event Details
The Kitchener Rangers Classroom Challenge is a great opportunity to educate and motivate youth to get involved, give back and make a difference in the community. Elementary school students can earn a chance to spend a morning at The Food Bank of Waterloo Region with members of the Kitchener Rangers.
Classrooms are challenged to collect the most food and funds until November 8, 2019! Classes will be chosen based on the number of meals raised per student as well as how the students were engaged, over and above collecting food.
While at The Food Bank, students will learn about food insecurity, see firsthand the impact of their efforts and enjoy a pizza lunch provided by Little Caesars with members of the Kitchener Rangers.
Transportation will be provided by Great Canadian Holidays & Coaches.
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER
- October 18 – Deadline to register your Food & Fund Drive to be eligible for the Classroom Challenge
- November 8 – Classroom Challenge donations to be received at The Food Bank
- November 11 – Winners will be chosen. Two elementary schools will send up to 25 students for this experience.
- November 26 – Students visit The Food Bank in the morning for a memorable experience
- Build a structure with canned and boxed food!
- Challenge other classrooms and grades in your school!
- Collect a Most Needed Item for every day of the challenge!