The Food Bank of Waterloo Region is very fortunate to receive community support from individuals and organizations (both corporate and non-profit) throughout the year. Third-Party fundraisers (events or fundraisers organized by someone other than The Food Bank) raise food and funds as well as build relationships, public awareness and media attention in our community. They are organized on behalf of The Food Bank, requiring little or no Food Bank support and using minimal Food Bank resources. There are over 60 third-party events held each year throughout the region on behalf of The Food Bank of Waterloo Region.
Third-Party Event and Fundraiser Organizers must:
- Obtain written permission of The Food Bank of Waterloo Region prior to using its name, logo, image or otherwise referencing it in promotional material.
- Obtain sponsorship(s) for an event if needed.
- Provide any additional insurance or license for Third-Party as needed.
- Develop and implement promotions plan.
- Work with The Food Bank to ensure the event will be as successful as possible.
The Food Bank accepts a third party event if it reflects the mission of The Food Bank, is in keeping with our mandate and core values. If you would like to organize a 3rd party fundraiser please contact The Food Bank of Waterloo Region.