The Food Bank of Waterloo Region continues to be an essential service and is allowed to operate during the stay-at-home order and ongoing pandemic.
Volunteers play an important role in helping to ensure everyone has access to food when and where they need it.
While some of our volunteer roles are currently on hold, we are actively recruiting Warehouse Support volunteers. Warehouse Support volunteers assist with essential tasks on-site including building hampers, agency orders, sorting perishable and non-perishable food donations, repacking bulk food, and general warehouse organizing and support.
Volunteer Eligibility Criteria:
- Between 18 – 69 years of age.
- Able to lift be physically active and lift up to 50 pounds consistently, including repeated bending, twisting, reaching, lifting above the shoulder, and working with various sizes of boxes/containers in sometimes awkward positioning.
- Able to wear a mask and face shield for the duration of your shift.
- Flexible to help with a variety of tasks which may be different each shift, in a fast-paced warehouse environment with forklift traffic.
- Willing to be trained on operating a pump truck.
- Available weekday afternoons, between Monday – Friday, with some evening and weekend opportunities.