Volunteers play an important role in helping to ensure everyone has access to food when and where they need it. However, right now, due to the ongoing COVID-19 health crisis and the recent stay-at-home order and state-of-emergency we are not currently accepting new volunteers. Limiting the number of volunteers to The Food Bank will reduce the risk of possible exposure and ensure the health and safety of staff and volunteers on-site.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back, please continue to check our website and our social media channels for any updates on volunteer opportunities.
Volunteer Eligibility Criteria:
- Between 18 – 69 years old.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds repeatedly.
- Able to wear a mask and face shield for the duration of your shift.
2,000 Volunteers Each Year
We value the time and contribution of our volunteers!
Each year more than 2,000 people choose to volunteer with The Food Bank, making it possible to acquire and distribute over 4.5 million pounds of food to 100+ community programs and agency partners in Waterloo Region. We provide ongoing volunteer recognition and demonstrate our appreciation through a variety of events and opportunities.
Volunteers Distribute Over 4.5 Million Pounds of Food
By volunteering with The Food Bank, you will:
- participate in a collaborative team environment
- contribute to the support we provide to our community
- build and share your strengths and experiences
- feel inspired — every day
Volunteers Serve 100+ Community Programs and Agency Partners
Current volunteer opportunities include: