The Food Bank of Waterloo Region continues to be an essential service and volunteers play an important role in helping to ensure everyone has access to food when and where they need it.
While some of our volunteer roles are currently on hold, we are actively recruiting for the following roles:
- Warehouse Support – Assist with building hampers and sorting perishable and non-perishable donations
- Drivers – Pick up community donations or complete deliveries to our network partners during daytime hours
- Driver Assistants – Assist drivers to pickup community donations or complete deliveries to our network partners during daytime hours
Please review the role descriptions to see if any of these positions would be a good fit for you!
Volunteer Eligibility Criteria:
- 16 years of age or older.
- Able to lift be physically active and lift up to 50 pounds consistently, including repeated bending, twisting, reaching, lifting above the shoulder, and working with various sizes of boxes/containers in sometimes awkward positioning.
- Able to wear a mask and face shield for the duration of your shift.
- Flexible to help with a variety of tasks which may be different each shift, in a fast-paced warehouse environment with forklift traffic.
- Willing to be trained on operating a pump truck.
- Available weekday mornings or afternoons, between Monday – Friday, with limited evening and weekend opportunities.