The Food Bank of Waterloo Region continues to be an essential service and is allowed to operate during the ongoing pandemic.
Volunteers play an important role in helping to ensure everyone has access to food when and where they need it.
We appreciate your interest in volunteering with The Food Bank, however, we do not have any available opportunities at this time.
Please check back in August, as we are currently refreshing our volunteer program.
Volunteer Eligibility Criteria:
- Between 18 – 69 years of age.
- Able to lift be physically active and lift up to 50 pounds consistently, including repeated bending, twisting, reaching, lifting above the shoulder, and working with various sizes of boxes/containers in sometimes awkward positioning.
- Able to wear a mask and face shield for the duration of your shift.
- Flexible to help with a variety of tasks which may be different each shift, in a fast-paced warehouse environment with forklift traffic.
- Willing to be trained on operating a pump truck.
- Available weekday afternoons, between Monday – Friday, with some evening and weekend opportunities.