need food? call 519.743.5576 extENSION 340

For emergency food assistance, visit one of the community programs and agency partners listed on the Community Food Assistance Network map. The Food Bank of Waterloo Region supports the Community Food Assistance Network, a system of 120+ community programs and agency partners, and does not provide food from its location.

If you can’t access a program in person and need delivery, call 519.743.5576 extension 340.

You can also contact us by email:

Centralized Food Assistance Outreach line hours
Monday to Friday (closed on holidays and weekends)
9 a.m.–noon

Note: If you are calling after hours, please leave a message and a team member will call you back within one business day.

View more community supports and resources such as emergency childcare, animal care, and mental health.

For more information about what to bring with you, read our Frequently Asked Questions.

Find a community food assistance program near you (see the map below after instructions):

  1. Click the View larger map icon on the top right-side of the map. A new tab browser window will open. View larger map
  2. When the map opens in the new tab browser window, click the Search icon and type in your address to find a program. Search icon
  3.  Click any of the Map marker icons for more information about the program.        Click on a map marker


What do I need to bring with me to access food?

  • Please bring a piece of ID for each household member. This is helpful but not required.
  • You may also want to bring some re-usable bags.

What will happen when I arrive at the program?

  • You will be asked some questions to help us understand your household. This information supports research and advocacy across the Network. The information you share helps improve our services. Please share as much as you feel comfortable with. All personal information is kept confidential.
  • If you would like to remain anonymous, it will not affect your ability to receive food.

What will I receive when I go to the hamper program?

  • Fresh, frozen, and non-perishable items are typically available. Programs do their best to provide a variety of choices and to meet dietary and cultural needs.

What are some additional resources?

I am a student. Where do I go?

University of Waterloo
200 University Avenue West, Waterloo
Student Life Centre (SLC) 3102

Wilfred Laurier University
Available to Wilfrid Laurier University students only.
Request a food hamper here:

Conestoga College
Student Nutritional Access Program:
Program is currently taking requests on a case by case basis.  For more information visit: